- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 4 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet, cook the pancetta or bacon over medium heat until crispy. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, grated cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet with the pancetta or bacon. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and quickly toss to coat the pasta evenly. The heat of the pasta will cook the eggs, creating a creamy sauce. If the pasta seems dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.